Sunday, December 28, 2008

Quick Update!

Most of you are probably wondering how it is having 3 babies home. It is great! I can't wait for the 4th to come home. Hannah seems to be fussier than Makaila and Samantha as we thought. She fusses for anything; diaper changes, during her bottle, after her bottle, before her bottle, bath time, tummy time alright you got the idea. She also takes more patience and energy to feed. She get 3 ounces but usually takes one ounce good and the other two are a struggle. But we learned if she tells she is finished at the end of two to make her eat the third. Otherwise, she is screaming at the top of her lungs two hours later. Luckily, she doesn't wake up Makaila and Samantha. For this reason, it takes both Josh and I to feed at all feedings. One of us props and one of us holds Hannah. Josh has a cold and is having to wear a mask. We fear the girls getting sick. Such a small thing could put them back in the hospital.

Sandra still seems to be having a sleeping brady a day. Which is better than she was having but it is the ones during sleep that concerns everyone. So, she will not be coming home in 2008. Yesterday, she through such a temper before a feeding that she scratched the whole right side of her face. Apparently, nurses are not allowed to trim their nails and don't even have nail clippers so I had to bite each one off so she doesn't do it again. Today the doctor switched her from the 24 calorie formula to the 22 calorie (the one she'll come home on). She is also allowed to eat as much as she wants. I am sure she was ecstatic to hear that! I don't think she has felt a full belly in a while.

Life is busy and a little hectic sometimes. But to be honest with you I thought it would be a lot worse. I think it is going smoothly because Josh and I are a perfect team. We communicate and include a lot of humor in the stress of it all. We can't wait to have Sandra home to go from a full house to a full home!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope Hannah settles in for you guys. She was such a sleepy girl in the NICU, so was she just saving it for home or maybe she misses Sandra. I know this is a hard time for you right now, on your own, and with three home, I know you are missing Sandra. I guess it will be best to have Sandra come home with out monitors since you have your hand full with Hannah now. I know you are probably dissapointed Teri, not to have all four home before New Years, but I know you will do what you have to and will be glad to have her home when-ever, Josh I hope you are feeling better. Girls, I miss you all! and you look so beautiful in your dresses!!!!!!!!!

Love Auntie Debbie