Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Quick update on Mommy

Yesterday I had a surgery that included a cystoscopy, bladder extension and biopsy. The extension was to hopefully stop spasms for a while. Unfortunately, the doctor was only able to put in 200 cc (a very small amount). Even under anesthetic my bladder was in spams the whole time. The doctor talked to Josh while I was still asleep and told him he was going to wait for the biopsy report before he decides what to do next. He did put me on three anti spasm medicine and finally a pain reliever. With all four meds I am still in pain and having spasms. And now I feel medicated (drunk) and have to take long naps. I am very frustrated! My high risk ob recommended botox. I asked my Urologist and he said after the results of the biopsy he could refer me to someone who does that. I am frustrated and tired of the pain and no answers. The doctor was shocked that I was still in bladder spams while under and that he couldn't fill up my bladder. I feel that he FINALLY believes me about the spasms and maybe I will get some where now. I don't think he realized the extent before these last two tests. I am so glad that Josh's mom is here! But I feel so bad having to call on her. I know she loves being here but she has family and obligations in MO. So, I want results NOW! I have to wait a week for the biopsy results. Please continue to pray for us! Thank you!

3 comments:

jag said...

Praying for you girl. I am so sorry you're going through this. I imagine it's very frustrating. Hang in there hon.

Misty said...

Sendin you lots of prayers. I can only imagine how hard this is for you!
HUGS!

Debbie said...

Hope you are feeling better Teri, I was going to call today but with the new found freedom of not having any studying to do, I caught up on deperately needed housework. I even got a little seaing done today. The day just got away from me. I cant believe how late it is. Kiss the girls.

Deb