Friday, October 24, 2008

How 4tunate I Am




As I sit here and type to all of you I still can't believe how fortunate and lucky I am. First of all, being a mother of 4 adorable girls and the wife of an amazing husband and father. I can't believe that a week ago the girls were still inside of me. We have already grown so attached to them (how could we not?). Josh is the best father these girls could ask for. He has been so involved and helpful throughout this whole process.



Yesterday was a huge day for us and a day I will NEVER forget. Josh and I were able to change our first (of 1,000,000) diapers, check temperatures and Kangaroo hold (hold the baby skin to skin) . I changed Makaila's diaper and held Hannah. Josh changed Samantha's diaper and held her. Hannah was so soft and warm, I think she recognized me, nuzzled up and went to sleep. Yesterday, she was off of her nasal cannula and was breathing completely on her own. However they put her back on the nasal cannula last night. It felt amazing to feel her kick the outside of me. I can't wait to hold someone again. We make the nurses decide who we should hold because we can't make that decision. I want to hold them all!




All 4 girls were on my milk yesterday. Until Sandra had some green stomach fluid. They don't think she is sick but don't want to wait and see if she is. So, they put her on IV antibiotics and will test her stomach fluids for bacteria. We should know about that in a few days. Makaila is the hungry one at 10 cc every 3 hours. That is more than double what the rest of the girls are eating. Right now, they are getting a mix of Similac and my milk. Pumping is not fun but they deserve it and are well worth it. I will continue to pump as long as possible. The NICU has been very supportive in that regards.



We are on our way to the hospital now, but we will be sure to give the girls lots of love from all of you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THANK Y0U THANK YOU FOR THE PICTURES!!! THEY LOOK FABULOUS!! THE SMILE ON YOUR FACE TERI IS PRICELESS!!!!! MAKAILA LOOKS SO COMFY STRETCHED OUT WITH THAT ONE LEG PROPPED UP. MAKES YOU WANT TO CRAWEL IN HER BASINET WITH HER AND TAKE A NAP!!! :} LOOKS LIKE HANNAH HAS A WATT FAMILY EAR LOBE, WHAT DO YOU THINK? I AM JUST COUNTING THE DAYS UNTIL I GET TO BE THERE WITH ALL OF YOU!

LOVE DE